After a few weeks of testing i’m proud to announce that the official release of the WordPress MU Ldap Plugin for the 1.5 series has been released!Â You can download it on the SF project page: Download Now!
The WordPress 2.5 series code changes made quiet a few changes to the authentication and cookie setting bits of the wordpress core.Â These changes made alot more sense, and actually allowed me to make the plugin more stable.
Here are a few of the major changes:
- Remove override of wp_setcookie function – no longer needed!Â This also means no more conflict with the admin ssl plugin!
- Removed experimental wp_munge hooks – no longer needed!
- Custom pluggable.php is no longer needed, and is totally remove from the release.
- Revamps logic for local users – removed chunks of unnecessary code!
- Enhanced error reporting sent back on authentication failures
- Support for local users!Â You can now create local users and use them as well!Â Local users can be regular users or admins, it doesn’t matter, they all work!
- Using the new "Add User" screen, it’s now possible to LDAP users to the blog that have never logged into WPMU.Â As long as they exist in your LDAP directory, they can be added!
There are also 2 mailing lists setup:
- wpmu-ldap-users – All SF tracker changes are posted to this list.Â Please continue to post bugs and features to the SF Trackers.Â On top of that, it can also be used for general discussion and hopefully more timely resolutions to problems.Â Subscribe Here
- wpmu-ldap-commits – This list is used to notify others of SVN commits.Â It is setup as an announce only list.Â Subscribe Here
I hope everyone enjoys the long awaited release!